The Educators of Christian Faith Network (ECFNet) recommend that you explore the following Christian Ministries:
- Answers in Genesis provides biblical answers to tough questions about creation, evolution, Charles Darwin, radiometric dating and the Bible. Their web site features thousands of articles covering dozens of scientific and biblical topics, plus media programs, daily devotionals, resources, and much more. Learn about the history of Answers in Genesis.
- Answers Magazine The purpose of Answers magazine is to illustrate the importance of Genesis in building a creation-based worldview, and to equip readers with practical answers so they can confidently communicate the gospel and biblical authority with accuracy and graciousness. Answers Magazine is an outreach ministry of Answers in Genesis.
- Answers Research Journal is a professional, peer-reviewed technical journal for the publication of interdisciplinary scientific and other relevant research from the perspective of the recent Creation and the global Flood within a biblical framework. All published papers may be freely copied, downloaded, quoted, and distributed for non-commercial and non-sale purposes (as long as the author of each publication is clearly identified, Answers Research Journal is acknowledged as the publication, and the integrity of the work is not compromised).
- Ark Encounter is a one-of-a-kind historically themed attraction. In an entertaining, educational, and immersive way, it presents a number of historical events centered on a full-size, all-wood Ark, which should become the largest timber-frame structure in the USA. Plans for the attraction include a Walled City, the Tower of Babel, a first-century Middle Eastern village, a journey in history from Abraham to the parting of the Red Sea, a walk-through aviary, a large petting zoo and more. The Ark Encounter is an outreach ministry of Answers in Genesis.
- Creation Museum is an outreach ministry of Answers in Genesis that features a state-of-the-art 70,000 square foot museum that brings the pages of the Bible to life, casting its characters and animals in dynamic form and placing them in familiar settings. Adam and Eve live in the Garden of Eden. Children play and dinosaurs roam near Eden’s Rivers. The serpent coils cunningly in the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil. Majestic murals, great masterpieces brimming with pulsating colors and details, provide a backdrop for many of the settings. Includes many exhibits, daily lectures and the Stargazers Planetarium.
- Creation Research Society is a professional organization of trained scientists and interested laypersons who are firmly committed to scientific special creation. The Society was organized in 1963 by a committee of ten like-minded scientists, and has grown into an organization with worldwide membership. They publish a peer reviewed journal and have books and resources avaialble for sale online.
- Evangelical Fellowship of Canada is the national association of evangelical Christians, gathered together for influence, impact and identity in ministry and public witness. Since 1964 the EFC has provided a national forum for Evangelicals and a constructive voice for biblical principles in life and society.Provides informative e-newsletters about Christians in the public square.
- Focus on the Family Canada is is a charitable organization which has been serving families in Canada since opening its doors in 1983. For over 25 years, Focus on the Family Canada has provided care, advice, support and encouragement to families at every stage of life. We have worked hard to respond to the many real issues families face and to provide sound and practical guidance based on Christian principles. By providing valuable and relevant seminars and conferences, resources on an array of important issues, personal counselling and prayer support, and much more, we aim to be the place Canadian families turn to for trusted help and encouragement! Mission: To encourage and strengthen the Canadian family through education and resources based on Christian principles.
- Inter-Varsity Christian Fellowship of Canada exists to help the transformation of youth, students and graduates, in all their ethnic diversity, into fully committed followers of Jesus Christ. Mission includes: To encourage Christians empowered by the Holy Spirit to love our neighbours as ourselves. To assist Christians in exploring and asserting the relevance of the Christian faith to every aspect of private life and public concern. To affirm God’s call that all Christians are called to serve Him through their lives and work and to participate in the global mission of the church by praying, giving, and serving.
- Institute for Creation Research has equipped believers with evidence of the Bible’s accuracy and authority through scientific research, educational programs, and media presentations, all conducted within a thoroughly biblical framework. Founded by Dr. Henry Morris in 1970, ICR exists to conduct scientific research within the realms of origins and earth history, and then to educate the public both formally and informally through graduate and professional training programs, through conferences and seminars around the country, and through books, magazines, and media presentations. Listen to Institute for Creation Research radio recordings online.
- KidsAnswers.org is designed to be a fun, safe, Creator-honoring place to find educational entertainment for your children. We will show free kid-friendly Christian movies, as well as feature a new animal every week, and provide coloring sheets and activity pages. We want your children and their friends to know and love God’s Word. PDF of the Good News for Kids. KidsAnswers.org is an outreach ministry of Answers in Genesis.
- L’Abri Fellowship Canada L’Abri is a French word that means shelter. The first L’Abri community was founded in Switzerland in 1955 by Dr. Francis Schaeffer and his wife, Edith. Dr. Schaeffer was a Christian theologian and philosopher who also authored a number of books on theology, philosophy, general culture and the arts. You will find something different at each branch of L’Abri. The L’Abri communities are study centers in Europe, Asia and America where individuals have the opportunity to seek answers to honest questions about God and the significance of human life. L’Abri believes that Christianity speaks to all aspects of life. Listen to MP3 recordings L’Abri of lectures from the L’Abri Ideas Library.
- Mystery of Noah’s Flood is a DVD that will answer the most common questions about Noah’s flood and Noah’s ark, as well as skeptical arguments such as: How did Noah get animals from all the different continents? How did Noah build the ark? Was it really a world wide flood or was it just a local flood? How did he fit all those animals on the ark? Can you build a ship big enough just out of wood?
- The Navigators is an international, interdenominational movement whose purpose is to bring the Good News of Jesus and His Kingdom to the nations. We do this by living out the Good News within the relational networks of life. As others learn to follow Christ, through loving ‘one to one’ mentoring, coaching and discipling in all aspects of life, Navigators equip people to be labourers to “go and do likewise” (2 Timothy 2:2). Nations are impacted through spiritual generations of godly people.
- Plugged In Online is a Focus on the Family publication designed to shine a light on the world of popular entertainment while giving families the essential tools they need to understand, navigate and impact the culture in which they live. Through our reviews, articles and discussions, we hope to spark intellectual thought, spiritual growth and a desire to follow the command of Colossians 2:8: “See to it that no one takes you captive through hollow and deceptive philosophy, which depends on human tradition and the basic principles of this world rather than on Christ.”
- Power to Change seeks to glorify God by making a maximum contribution toward helping to fulfil the Great Commission in Canada and around the world by developing movements of evangelism and discipleship. Helping others to discover Jesus Christ is the outward expression of the inward transformation that He brings about in each of our lives. When we allow His Spirit to work through us and empower us, we experience relationship with Him at a deeper level. And every day, as we take steps of faith and surrender to Him, we are becoming more and more like Jesus.
- Project 417 Sandwich Runs povides an opportunity to build bridges between the faith community and the street community through meeting and engaging with people who call the street home. Most sandwich runs begin in Toronto in the Harbour St. and Spadina Ave. area and conclude at Dundas St. and Victoria St. Projec417 is a ministry that exists to be facilitators of wholistic healing, personal development and spiritual growth, as an ethical response to people in crisis.
- Youth for Christ/Youth Unlimted reaches young people everywhere, working together with the local church and other like-minded partners to raise up lifelong followers of Jesus who lead by their godliness in lifestyle, devotion to the Word of God and prayer, passion for sharing the love of Christ and commitment to social involvement. Strategies that change lives is our focus. Impacting today’s culture, training tomorrow’s leaders and caring for Canada’s youth requires never ending creative strategy development and YFC is committed to being on the “cutting edge” of change.
The Educators of Christian Faith Network (ECFNet) recommend that you explore the following Christian Bible Devotional Resources:
- Back to the Bible Devotions
- BibleGateway Devotionals offers 28 different Bible devotionals.
- Bible Studies for each book of the Bible by John McArthur.
- McArthur New Testament Commentary by John McArthur.
- Morning and Evening Devotions Written by Nineteenth Century preacher, Charles H. Spurgeon, these devotions, both morning and evening, are sure to bless the believer by bringing to light the joy of the Gospel.
- My Utmost for His Highest Gleaned from the lectures of Oswald Chambers, My Utmost for His Highest is the most used devotional material outside the Bible itself.
- Strength for Today from John McArthur at Grace to You Ministries. Grace to You’s mission is to teach biblical truth with clarity, taking advantage of various means of mass communications to expand the sphere of John MacArthur’s teaching ministry.
- Today in the Word from Moody Bible Institute.
- YouVersion is a simple, ad-free Bible app that brings God’s Word into your daily life. All smartphone operating systems are supported. YouVersion is a LifeChurch.tv technology project engaging people into relationships with God as they discover the relevance the Bible has for their lives.